Herby Rice with Roasted Veg, Chickpeas & Halloumi
- 2 red onions, cut into chunky wedges
- 3 peppers, sliced (we used green, red and yellow)
- 3 courgettes (about 600g), cut into batons
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 200g brown basmati rice
- small pack flat-leaf parsley
- 85g cashew nuts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200g halloumi, cut into chunky cubes
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the red onions, peppers and courgettes in a large roasting tin, toss in 2 tbsp oil and season. (You may need to do this in 2 tins.) Pop in the oven and cook for 25 minutes until the veg is tender and beginning to turn golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions. Whizz together the parsley, cashew nuts, remaining oil, the garlic and seasoning to make a pesto. Stir the chickpeas and halloumi into the roasted veg and cook for 10 minutes more. Fork the parsley pesto through the rice, spoon over the veg and serve.
For more recipes visit www.bbcgoodfood.com