Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- General Terms & Conditions
- How to Protect your Information
- Your Consent
- General Guidelines
The nature of internet communications means that communications on www.primarytimes.net (the “Website”) may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. This website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Schools Publishing Ltd (the “Publisher”) and any other persons involved in the management the Website may make changes to the content of this Website, at any time without notice. The Publisher shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance placed on this Website.
The Publisher provides this site on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this Website or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition the Publisher makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this Website. The information contained in this Website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of the Publisher howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Schools Publishing Limited nor any of its employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
All brand names, product names and titles and copyrights used in this Website are trademarks or trade names or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by the Schools Publishing Limited in respect of the use of any such brand names, product names or titles or copyrights and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of Schools Publishing Limited. Any use of materials on this Website (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution or republication) without the prior written permission of the Publisher is strictly prohibited.
“Primary Times” and “Early Times” are the exclusive trademarks and get-up of Schools Publishing Limited. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos referred to in the Website are the property of their respective owners.
The Publisher is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy explains how we use the information we collect about you and the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy. When you register on this Website we need to know your name, postal address and e-mail address. This information allows you to enter our online competitions, access a number of exclusive promotions, plus contribute to areas such as our book reviews, message boards and free classified adverts.
When registering with the Website you have the option to “opt in” to our mailing lists. You will be asked to answer various general questions about yourself and to specify the areas in which you are interested. This data is then used to tailor the information which we send to you to cover the topics and merchandise which we believe you might be interested in.
You can amend or remove your preferences by logging into your account, clicking on the 'Your Account' link and then click on the 'Update Your Contact Details' link.
From time to time we may also provide you with information about any special offers or features of the Website which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes. By submitting your information you consent to its use for this purpose. If you would rather not receive this material please login to your account, click on the 'Your Account' link and then the 'Update Your Contact Details' link and uncheck the tick box at the bottom of the form which says 'Tick this box to receive our email newsletter'.
We monitor customer traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve the Website for the benefit of our Readers. Unlike some websites we do not use “cookies” to collect information about you. In order to enhance your use of the Website we use “session cookies” which will only last for the duration of that visit to the Website.
The Internet is not a secure medium, however, we keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell or pass your information on to any third party for marketing purposes without first obtaining your consent.
4. Your Consent
Because the Internet infrastructure is global and it is not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet will take, the information you provide may be transferred temporarily via a route which takes it outside the European Economic Area as it passes between you and us. By submitting your information you consent to this transfer.
Advertisement Copy is accepted from Advertisers (or authorised Advertising Agencies acting on Advertisers behalf) by the Publisher (www.primarytimes.net a trading style and website of Schools Publishing Limited) on the following Standard Terms and Conditions:
- All copy and content is subject to approval by the Publisher, whose decision is final.
- All copy and content must be honest, legal, decent and truthful, and meet all regulatory requirements.
- All copy and content must be the intellectual property of the Advertiser or authorised for use on www.primarytimes.net by the intellectual property owner without infringement of copyright. The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher against any damages and or expenses which the Publisher may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of the Advertisement’s appearance on www.primarytimes.net in respect of any claim including but not limited to libel and infringement of copyright or design rights.
- The publisher will not be held responsible for consequential loss due to the rejection of material deemed unsuitable, the non-appearance of advertisements, or errors therein. In the event of Publisher error the liability of the Publisher shall be limited to the cost paid for that single Advertisement insertion.
- Copy and content is to be supplied by the Advertiser or Agencies by the stated deadline.
- Payment terms are strictly 14 days from invoice. All charges from the Publisher are subject to VAT at the rate prevailing upon invoice date. Queries must be raised within seven days of invoice. Supply of copy and/or content are deemed to be sufficient evidence of agreement to pay even where no signed contract exists. Late payments will attract an interest charge 1% above the Bank Base Rate.
- Cancellations: must be made not less than two weeks prior to the advised copy deadline date. Failure to comply will result in a charge being made for the full cost of the advertisement space booked.
- All submitted copy and content is subject to approval by the Publisher, whose decision is final.
- All submitted copy and content must be honest, legal, decent and truthful, and meet all regulatory requirements.
- All submitted copy and content must be the intellectual property of the Submitter or authorised for use on www.primarytimes.net, by the intellectual property owner without infringement of copyright. The Submitter will indemnify the Publisher against any damages and or expenses which the Publisher may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of the editorial appearance in the magazine in respect of any claim including but not limited to libel and infringement of copyright or design rights.
All competitions on this site are provided by a third party (the “Advertiser”) and it is the Advertisers (or their nominated representative) responsibility to ensure the details of the competition displayed are correct. Links are sent to the Advertiser to approve prior to the competition going live. By approving the link the Advertiser is entering into a contract with Schools Publishing Limited, to supply the winner(s) with their prize(s) directly as per the competition. The names of the winner(s) will be selected at random by the Publisher and will be passed to the Advertiser within 24 hours of the published closing date of the competition. Any errors or omissions are entirely the responsibility of the Advertiser (or representative).
Prizes are as displayed within a competition, there is no provision to offer cash alternatives or replacements.
When entering competitions on the Website you will be asked to register online first. Please see Clauses 2, 3 and 4 above regarding your Privacy and how the information registered on the Website is used, and in particular the option to “opt in” if you would like to receive email information from us about events, products and services which may interest you.
8. General Guidelines
By way of general guidance, both advertising and editorial submissions should not:
* be likely to cause offence to or be an adverse influence on users of any age
* be racist or sexist, sexually explicit, provocative, offensive, blasphemous or abusive
* contain swear words or language likely to offend
* promote or encourage unlawful, distasteful, or unsafe/dangerous activity
* breach a third party’s copyright, or pretend to be from someone else
* be inaccurate, out-of-date, malicious, mischievous
* be written in anything other than straightforward English
* promote political opinion or extol propaganda
* contain unauthorized material, ie. content for which you do not have a mandate to submit
Schools Publishing Limited, St James’s House, 118 Greys Road, Henley on Thames, Oxon,
RG9 1QW TEL: 01491 411 848 FAX: 01491 411 416