Chimichurri Chicken Kebabs
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 banana shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- a handful coriander
- a handful flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2-3 slices of green jalapeno pepper (I use them from the jar)
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 pitta bread
- shredded iceberg lettuce and quartered cherry tomatoes to serve
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks or strips and tip into a freezer bag.
- Put the shallot, garlic, coriander, parsley, oregano and peppers into food processor and blitz. Then add the vinegar and olive oil and season to taste.
- Place in the freezer bag with the chicken and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the BBQ until good and hot.
- Thread the chicken onto metal skewers (note, use metal skewers to ensure the meatcooks in the middle)
- BBQ for 6-7 minutes, turning until lovely and charred and cooked through. Rest for a couple of minutes whilst you griddle the pitta bread on both sides then open up and fill with the chicken and salad.