Paprika Roast Potatoes with Creamy Baked Eggs
Ingredients (serves 2):
For the potatoes
- 350g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive, rapeseed or vegetable oil
- A good pinch of smoked paprika
- 4 mini chorizo sausages
For the baked eggs
- 150g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche or soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan oven/gas mark 7. Put a tray into the oven to heat up. Put the potatoes into a pan of cold, salted water and cover with a lid. Bring to the boil then as soon as the water is boiling, turn the heat down and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Drain well and shake in the colander to roughen up the edges.
- Put 2 tbsp oil into a bowl and add the potatoes. Toss well and season with salt and the smoked paprika. Tip the potatoes into the roasting tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the potatoes over and add the mini chorizo to the tray, too.
- Put the spinach and shallot into a pan and cover with a lid. Place over a high heat and cook until the spinach has just wilted. Spoon between two shallow dishes and make two dips in the middle of each. Crack the eggs in and bake in the oven, alongside the potatoes for around 10 minutes.
- Season the eggs with the paprika and scatter over the dill then serve with the crème fraiche.
Cook’s tip: If you can only get hold of a chorizo ring, cut off 5cm and dice. Cook in a dry frying pan until golden and sprinkle over the eggs.
www.lovepotatoes.co.uk | VIEW PRINTABLE VERSION