No Cook Frozen Banana Ghosts
Bananas taste spookily like creamy ice cream when frozen in ghostly robes of white chocolate - quick and easy, with just 4 ingredients.
Ingredients (makes 8 ghosts):
- 200g bar white chocolate (supermarket own brand Belgian is good), broken into chunks
- 4 medium-large, ripe bananas
- 85g desiccated coconut (you won’t use it all)
- handful dark chocolate drops
- In a small bowl, gently melt the chocolate either in the microwave – in short bursts on high or over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water). Set aside for a moment while you get the bananas ready.
- Peel the bananas, cut in half, and push a lolly stick into the middle of each piece. Spread the coconut out in a shallow bowl. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment, and make sure there is room for the tray in the freezer.
- Using a pastry brush, coat a banana half in chocolate, letting excess drip away. Sprinkle with plenty of the coconut until coated, then set it on the prepared sheet. Now add two chocolate eyes and a mouth, and if you like, cut a few little eyebrows from the chocolate drops too. Freeze the lollies for at least 4 hrs, and up to a week.
For more recipes visit www.bbcgoodfood.com