Mini Beefy Sausage Rolls with Chipotle Ketchup
To celebrate National Picnic Week, Seabrook Crisps has created this delicious and easy-to-make picnic recipe for you and your little ones.
Ingredients (makes 20 mini rolls):
- 400g/ 14oz beef sausage meat
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 375g pack of all butter puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- 100g/ 4 oz tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180fan/gas6 and put the sausage meat into a food processor (if using sausages peel away the skins) with the crushed garlic, 50ml cold water and some seasoning. Combine in the processor until smooth.
- Unfold the pastry and cut in half lengthways. Divide the sausage mixture into 2 and spread along the length of each pastry rectangle in a cylinder, leaving a 1cm border. Roll the pastry around the meat and brush the ends with the beaten egg to keep sealed. Use a sharp knife to cut each roll into 10 pieces (approx) each about 2-3cm long. Put on a baking sheet and brush the remaining egg over each roll. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins, until the pastry is puffed and golden and the sausage meat is hot all the way through.