We've got just the perfect sweet snack for the family. This recipe is super-easy to make and tastes as good as it looks!
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins):
For the Muffins
- Dr. Oetker Muffin Cases x 12
- 225 g Plain Flour (8 oz)
- Dr. Oetker Baking Powder Sachets x 2 sachets, (2 tsp)
- 115 g Caster Sugar (4 oz)
- Large Egg x 1, Beaten
- 115 g Butter (4 oz)
- 150 ml Milk (1/4 pt)
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- 140 g Dr. Oetker Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres Salted Caramel (1 pouch)
- 75 g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' 72% Extra Dark Chocolate (3 oz)
- 75 g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Milk Chocolate (3 oz)
- 175 ml Double Cream (6 fl.oz), at room temperature
- 50 g Shortbread Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C Fan oven, 375°F, gas 5). Line 12 muffin tins with Muffin Cases. Sift the flour and Baking Powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, mix the egg, melted butter, milk and Vanilla Extract together. Pour into the well and mix all the ingredients together to make a thick batter.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases, smooth the tops and bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until risen and golden.
- Once muffins are removed from the oven, leave until they are cool enough to handle, and then generously inject each one with Salted Caramel Cupcake Centres, making sure the nozzle goes right to the centre of each muffin, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To decorate, break the Extra Dark and Milk Chocolates into a heatproof bowl. Put the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and leave to melt. Remove the bowl from the water and cool slightly.
- Whilst whisking the chocolate, gradually pour in the cream, and continue whisking until thick and glossy. Spoon the chocolate cream generously on top of each muffin, and spread over using a small palette knife. Leave for a few minutes in a cool place to firm up the chocolate before topping with a mini shortbread finger. Your muffins are now ready to serve and enjoy!