Mark Sargeant's Lamb Tagine
- Heat the oil in a large 1.7L/3pint ovenproof dish, add the onions, ginger, turmeric, paprika and seasoning. Cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the meat and garlic, coat in the flavoured oil and cook for 4-6 minutes until brown all over.
- Add the saffron and water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the cinnamon stick, thyme, apricots and coriander Cover and continue to cook for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Remove the thyme and cinnamon stick from the tagine. Garnish with the the pomegranate seeds and serve with steamed couscous or rice.
This recipe works well in a low oven at Gas mark 3, 170°C, 325°F
For more recipes go to www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk