Cooks & Kids: Panko Bread Crumb Chicken Strips with Creamy Pancetta and Mushroom Spaghetti
There's no better way to spend a rainy afternoon than cooking up a storm. Get your kids cooking with this easy recipe from Cooks & Kids 3!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless
- 100g flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200g panko bread crumbs
- 500g spaghetti
- 1 onion, diced
- 250g mushrooms of your choice
- 100g pancetta, cut into small 1cm lardons
- 200ml double cream
- a few leaves of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- oil for deep frying
- Start by slicing the chicken into strips.
- Toss first in the flour, then beaten eggs, then panko bread crumbs.
- To make the pasta, cook the spaghetti in boiling water until soft but not overcooked.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, fry the onion in a little oil until soft.
- Add the pancetta and mushrooms to the onion and cook until brown.
- Add the double cream and reduce by half.
- Fry the chicken in a deep fat fryer or pan fry until golden brown and cooked.
- Finish the pasta by covering with the mushroom sauce, seasoning with salt and pepper and adding the chopped parsley.
- Serve the golden chicken strips on the creamy pasta with a few more leaves of parsley.
Recipe by: Lucy & John Woodward from Cooks & Kids 3