Cooking with Kids: Ginger Beef Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 200g beef mince
- 8 spring onions, sliced on an angle, green parts reserved
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 100ml oyster sauce
- 350g frozen edamame soya beans
- 300g pack cooked rice noodles
- 2 limes, 1 cut into wedges
- 2 butter lettuces, or 1 iceberg
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the beef and fry until browned all over and starting to crisp. Add the spring onions, pepper, ginger, oyster sauce and beans. Stir-fry for another 5 mins until the veg has softened, then add the noodles and juice of 1 lime. Season well and toss everything together until well combined and heated through.
- Separate the lettuces into leaves. Pile the noodles into the leaves, sprinkle over the reserved spring onions to garnish and serve with the lime wedges.
For more recipes visit www.bbcgoodfood.com