Cooking with Kids: From Earth Fig & Banana Paleo Pancakes
3 Large bananas
2 Chicken or duck eggs
2 Dessert spoons of coconut flour
1 Dessert spoon of Almond Meal
1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
4 Organic sun dried figs (soak overnight) or 1/2 cup blueberries
- In your large mixing bowl mash your three bananas.
Once smooth add in your 2 eggs & whip with a fork
- Chop up your soaked figs & add into the mash.
- Add in your coconut flour, cocao powder & mix thoroughly. Tip: for a smoother consistency sift in the flour to reduce lumpies!
- Let your batter rest for around 5 minutes.
- Heat your fry pan at a moderate heat with your extra virgin oil.
- Add into two table spoons of your batter at a time and cook on each side for around 3 minutes.
- Stack on your serving plate and add some fresh figs to serve or drizzle with honey.
Fun Food Fact: One banana provides about 10 mg of vitamin C, or about 15 percent of your daily recommended amount.
For more healthy recipes visit From Earth to Plate