Chicken & White Bean Stew
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken thigh, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs or ½ tsp dried
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 600ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 x 400g / 14oz cans haricot beans, drained chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken, then fry until lightly browned. Add the veg, then fry for a few minutes more. Stir in the herbs and stock. Bring to the boil. Stir well, reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 40 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Stir the beans into the pan, then simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve with crusty bread.
For more recipes visit www.bbcgoodfood.com