Regal Shortbread Rounds
- 100g Lightly Salted Butter 3 ½ oz, softened)
- 40g Caster Sugar (1 ½ oz)
- 5ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
- 175g Plain Flour (6oz)
- 65g Dr. Oetker Regal-Ice Ready to Roll White (2 ½ oz)
- Dr. Oetker Gold Shimmer Spray
- Dr. Oetker Pink Easy Ice (Easy Ice Pink or Yellow, to decorate)
- Dr. Oetker White Designer Icing (x1 pouch/enough to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (170˚C fan oven, 375˚F, gas 5). Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until soft and creamy. Stir in the Vanilla. Add the flour and stir into the creamed mixture, then bring together with your hands to form a firm dough.
- Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Roll out to a thickness of ½ cm (1/4 inch) - the mixture will be quite short. Using a 6cm (2 ¼ inch) crinkle edged round cutter, cut out 12 rounds, re-rolling as necessary.
- Arrange on the baking tray, spaced slightly apart. Prick the tops with a fork and chill for 30 minutes. Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, knead the Regal Ice, then roll out on a lightly dusted work surface to a thickness of about ¼ cm (1/8 inch). Using a 3 x 2.5cm (1 ¼ x 4 inch) crown shaped cutter or template, cut out 12 shapes, re-rolling as necessary. Cut out 24 small oval shapes from the trimmings and stick on to the crowns using a little water.
- Place the icing on a large sheet of baking parchment. Shake the can of Shimmer Spray well and then spray the crowns in short bursts, allowing each coat to dry before applying another. Leave the crowns to dry completely for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Easy Ice as directed and squeeze a little icing on top of each biscuit. Spread it to cover the centre of each biscuit using a knife, and leave for a few minutes to set.
- Pipe Designer Icing round the edge of the iced biscuits in small dots. Pipe the centre of each biscuit with a larger dot of icing and carefully stick a crown on top. Your shortbreads are now ready to serve and enjoy!