Pumpkin & Sage Spaghetti
If you are making lanterns this Halloween, put these leftovers to good use with this super easy recipe.
- 800g/1lb 12oz pumpkin flesh, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 100g butter
- small bunch sage leaves, about 20, roughly chopped
- 350g dried spaghetti
- juice of 1 lemon
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Tip the pumpkin into a medium-sized saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Sprinkle over the sugar and a generous pinch of salt, then drizzle over 6 tablespoons of water. Cover the pan, place on a medium heat and steam the pumpkin, stirring every so often for 10-15 minutes, or until it is soft but still holds its shape. You may need add a spoonful or two of water during the cooking the pan seems dry. Set aside.
- While the pumpkin is steaming, tip the butter and sage into a small saucepan and heat gently until the butter is foaming, then turn off the heat. Boil the spaghetti in a big pan of salted water for about 10 minutes until just cooked. When the spaghetti is cooked, scoop out a little of the cooking water, then drain and return the spaghetti to the pan.
For more recipes visit www.bbcgoodfood.com