Mini Sausage Rolls
Ingredients (makes 20):
- ½ small garlic clove
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 400g pack sausage meat or sausages
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Crush the garlic and a little salt to a paste using a pestle and mortar, or use the flat of your knife on a chopping board. Mix together with the parsley and stir in 50ml cold water. Place the sausage meat in a food processor (if using sausages, peel away the skins), turn on to a high speed, pour the garlic-flavoured water into the mixture, then season with pepper.
- Unroll the pastry onto a board and cut in half lengthways. Divide the sausage mixture in two and spread along the length of each pastry strip in a cylinder shape, leaving a 1cm edge. Tightly roll the pastry around the sausage meat and brush the ends with the beaten egg to secure. Use a sharp knife to cut each roll into 10 pieces, each about 2.5cm long, and place on a baking sheet. Can be made up to this point 1 month in advance and frozen. To cook from frozen, simply add 10 minutes to cooking time below.
- Brush more egg all over the pastry. Place in the oven and cook for 25-35 minutes until the pastry is puffed and crisp and the meat has cooked through. Remove and eat hot or cold with tomato ketchup if you like.
For more recipes visit www.bbcgoodfood.com