Lamb, Vegetable and Lentil Soup with Cabbage
The weekly family schedule is tricky at the best of times, so it’s no wonder that parents today have just 34 minutes free for preparing the evening meal. However, the current peasant food trend captivating chefs and restaurants around the world is helping busy people recover a little time for themselves with easy to prep slow-cook, one-pot wonders, the perfect way to create delicious yet easy meals for the whole family.
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
- Place the lamb in large bowl and season.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the lamb in batches for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the lentils, stock, rosemary and half the thyme leaves. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat then cover and cook for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, swede and cabbage. Continue to cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh thyme leaves and serve with crusty bread.
For everything you need to know about beef and lamb, more recipe ideas and information about Red Tractor beef and lamb, please visit www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk