Italian Flower Sprouts® with Spinach and Ricotta Tortelloni with Smoky Bacon Butter
Just 100g of Flower Sprouts® contain double the amount of vitamin B6 the vitamin that helps us use and store energy from the food we eat and twice the amount of vitamin C than standard Brussels sprouts.
- 200g Flower Sprouts
- 400g Spinach and Ricotta Tortelloni
- 100g Diced smoked bacon or pancetta
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 25g Butter
- Lemon for juicing
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the bacon pieces. Fry gently until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Blanch the Flower Sprouts® for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the water with a spoon and keep warm.
- Add the pasta to the water and simmer for 2-3 minutes before draining.
- Add the garlic and the butter to the bacon and fry until the butter begins to brown. Add the Flower Sprouts® and the pasta and coat well with the garlicky smoky bacon butter. Squeeze some lemon juice over and finish with shaved or grated Parmesan cheese.
For more information visit www.flower-sprout.com