Egg, Dairy & Gluten Free Pancakes
There is nothing like a delicious pancake for breakfast. This recipe is ideal for kids with food allergies.
Ingredients (makes 6 small pancakes):
- 125g gluten-free plain flour
- egg replacer, equivalent to 1 whole egg
- 250ml hemp milk (we used Good Hemp, see tip)
- sunflower or rice bran oil, for frying
- lemon segments and agave syrup, to serve
Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the Orgran egg replacer and a quarter of the milk. Use an electric whisk to thoroughly combine the mixture, then beat in another quarter of the milk. Once lump free, mix in the remaining milk. Leave to rest for 20 minutes. Stir again before using.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a splash of oil. When hot pour a small amount of the mixture into the pan and swirl around to coat the base – you want a thin layer. Cook for a few minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then turn over and cook until golden on the other side. Repeat until you have used all the mixture, stirring the mixture between pancakes and adding more oil to the frying pan as necessary. Serve with an orange wedge and a drizzle of agave syrup or filling of your choice.
For more recipes visit www.bbcgoodfood.com