Cooking with Kids: Roasted Kohlrabi Crostini
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 large kohlrabi trimmed and peeled
1 pear, peeled, deseeded and cubed
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp honey
1 ball of burrata
1 packet honey roasted peanuts
4 thin slices of ciabatta bread
Sprig of fresh thyme
- Slice the kohlrabi in to 4 disks, drizzle with olive oil and honey, salt and pepper and roast on baking paper at 165°C for 25 minutes.
- Toast or grill the bread then rub with the clove of garlic.
- Whilst the kohlrabi is roasting, put the pear, thyme and water in to a small pot and bring to the boil, then blend in a juicer to make a puree.
- Now to assemble. Spoon the pear puree over the toasted bread and place the roasted kohlrabi on top followed by simply tearing the burrata over the crostini.
- Garnish with some crisp peppery rocket and sprinkle with the crushed peanuts, drizzle with good olive oil.