Cooking with Kids: Healthy Vegetable Pizza
Ingredients (serves 4):
250g self-raising wholemeal flour
3 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
175ml skimmed milk
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, crushed
25g pack basil, roughly chopped
25g pack chives, roughly chopped
1 courgette, peeled into ribbons
1 red pepper, diced
200g spinach, wilted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Mix the flour and oats together, add 2 tbsp rapeseed oil and the milk to form a dough.
- Roll out to a 30cm circle and place on a non-stick baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tomatoes and garlic in a saucepan for 5 minutes until thickened and then spread over the scone base.
- Chop the herbs with the remaining rapeseed oil in a small food processor and toss into the vegetables, season with black pepper.
- Arrange the vegetables on the pizza. Bake for 15 minutes until golden, then drizzle over the balsamic glaze.
- Serve with a green salad.
Sprinkle 125g grated light mozzarella over the pizza before cooking for extra protein.
For more recipes visit wholegraingoodness.hgca.com