Brazilian Rib & Black Eyed Bean Salad
Salad leaves are classified
as vegetables and one cereal/dessert bowl full or 80g of salad leaves counts as a portion towards your
‘5 a day’. Get the family eating their greens with Nadia Sawalha’s easy recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 28g pack coriander, chopped
- 750g pork spare ribs
- 400g can black eyed beans (240g drained and rinsed)
- 195g can sweet corn (160g drained and rinsed)
- 4 handfuls Crispy Salad Bag (150g)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4.
- Whisk together the lime zest and juice, chilli flakes, honey, oil and half the coriander.Place the ribs in a large roasting tin and toss in half the dressing. Roast for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, mix the beans and sweetcorn into the salad with the remaining dressing and serve with the ribs sprinkled with remaining coriander.
For more healthy salad recipes visit Make More of Salad